Friday, September 3, 2010

Could this be the same woman?????

I am doing this post on both of my blogs as I would appreciate anyone’s feedback on this question….So please tell me what you think. If you have anyone who does do genealogy I would very much appreciate their input too!

The first photo was taken in La Porte City, Iowa, where this family lived. Lura and her husband ended up in Washington, but was originally in La Porte City. I recently hit the mother lode on a big box of Burgess photos! A woman that is one generation younger than me had all kinds of them from her mother( Doris Burgess Kepler) , who had her brother’s ( Arza Burgess son of James Burgess) items as Arza never had children. It was a wealth of info! But most of all there were two photographs I need some help with….I am 99% sure that this photo is my great grandmother Mary Louise Dibble Burgess and her daughter Lura Burgess Woodard and the baby is her daughter Grace Woodard.

Possibly Mary Dibble Burgess and Unknown

Here is a close up of Lura and a for sure photo of Lura years later:

Possibly Mary Dibble Burgess and Unknown - Copyscan0096

Sorry the second one is so poor, it was from a goofy postcard:

scan0095

I am no expert on dating photo, but I know the postcard is dated like 1907, so the other photo would have had to been around 1887. Grace was born in 1886, so in that year time period. The photographer who took the portrait photo was in business at that time. Lura was the only living daughter of Jesse and Mary Burgess at this time. The other daughter died as an infant. ANY help would be great! Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Sandy,
    It's really hard to tell if they are the same or not. Look at the shape of her eyebrows and her ears. So hard. Really interesting stuff you've got. I'm about to head to central Ill. in about a week and do a search in the town where my great grandparents lived. I never knew them, but have found out alot about them. Will post about what I find out, if anything. Wish me luck! Good luck on finding out your answer.

    ReplyDelete